Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So Belated Happy 100,000 Hits! Thanks All! (Also my thoughts on this seasons American Idol. Yeah I am THAT kind of gay)

Was hoping to have a dozen or so fakes to post for this, but with the death of my hard drive I guess that isn't possible so here is something I threw together. I Hope you enjoy.


Also included a toned down, simpler image since thats more my style anyways.


Some thoughts on Idol. I skipped the audition rounds and only skimmed through some of Hollywood so this is really my first week of Idol.


1. Girls are much better than the guys this season simply because the girls have 3/4 singers who could be truly great if the stars align. I don't see any males that could win AND be successful though it is early and things could change.


2. I still prefer the overall setup of Idol over The Voice and I do think it has a much deeper pool of actual talent (which makes sense since it is the premier show). If only the Judges would give actual critiques I would be very happy with Idol as it is. Can't speak to the X Factor since I never did watch it.....but I hear its much more performance driven which isn't something I am interested in. I mean.....Carrie Underwood is now an incredible performer yet was terrible at it on Idol...I just don't see it as relevant.


3. Not sure how much you guys follow Dial Idol but the guys are demolishing the girls vote wise so far night vs night. I think it may be time for the production/judges to actively try to produce a female winner. This season has several viable females to do it with so its now or never imo. The shows legitimacy really is at stake.


4. I HATE post performance interviews. They are so awkward and pointless. Do the interview before. All you get after is people trying not to sound egotistical if they were praised and people trying not to depreciate themselves if they were criticized.




Anyways. Mostly the guys blended together for me. Heejun Han is interesting and new at least though he will need a wildcard pick to have even the slightest chance of making it. Eben is a lock despite that disastrous performance. He could actually work in favor of a female winner by lasting late in the game (ala Anthony Federov is season 4 with Carrie) by acting as a vote sponge away from other male contestants even though he has no shot at winning.


Adam Brock is going to be that talented but annoying as hell guy that I am going to hate. Hated him from day one and he is only getting worse. He is a combination of Danny Gokey and Nick Mitchell ("Norman Gentle"). An abomination even......


As for the ladies. I think there was a VERY clear division between the winners and the losers at this point. Personally I am really behind Hollie Cavanagh who was rough in places but made me really think we have a potential pop star on our hands if she Pans out. Jessica Sanchez is, of course, a lock and it was an amazing performance. She is the contestant I can't root against because of her incredible skill (like Pia last season) but I don't really support either. Would not complain about a win from her.


Brielle Von Hugel is a lock for top 12 if dialidol is correct (she is #1) but I don't really think she deserves to be a lock. Chelsea Sorrell is also trending high with the country vote which worries me since she is not even the best country singer in the lot (that would be Skylar who will get top 12 whether by vote or wildcard....thats a lock).


Only other two I want to mention are Erika Van Pelt, and Jen Hirsh who were very solid and obviously tested performers but were screwed with their starting positions and have no chance of making top 12 on votes. However, at least ONE will make it in wildcard (probably Jen though I prefer Erika) simply because the ladies side needs an older, more seasoned contestant to balance things out.








Wow did not mean to type that much. Well those are my thoughts.


VIDEO'S!

My favorites:






No comments:

Post a Comment